Serve up these classic root vegetables a different way the next time you entertain. The combination between the color and flavor will satisfy your guests.
Prep: 15 minutes
Boil: 7 minutes
Bake: 35 minutes
- 2 Parsnips, shredded and cubed
- 2 Carrots, shredded and cubed
- 2 Sweet Potatoes, shredded and cubed
- 5 Red Potatoes, cubed
- 3 Shallots, quartered
- 2 Tbsp Rosemary, plus more for garnish
- 2 Tbsp Thyme
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- Begin by peeping the parsnips, carrots, sweet potatoes and red potatoes.
- Then place those vegetables into a large pot of water and bring to a boil.
- Boil for about 7 minutes so the vegetables are tender but still crisp.
- Drain the vegetables and place onto a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil (for easy clean up.)
- Evenly disperse the shallots, rosemary, thyme, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and roast for 35 minutes.
- Once the vegetables are slightly golden place on a serving dish and garnish with rosemary; serve and enjoy!
*Tip: Complete steps 1-5 a day before hand and place into the refrigerator. Then on the day of entertaining take the baking sheet out of the refrigerator 30 minutes before completing steps 6 and 7.