Twist up the traditional tomato based chili with this lighter chicken chili that is loaded with flavor as soon as it hits your mouth.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 45 minutes
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 lb Chicken Breasts, cubed
- 1 tsp Salt and Pepper
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 4 cups Chicken Stock, reduced sodium
- 1 - 16.5oz can Northern Great Beans, recommend reduced sodium
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Heat a large pot over high heat and add in the olive oil along with the cubed chicken breasts; season with salt and pepper.
- Allow for the chicken to slightly brown on all sides and cook until no longer pink in the middle; about 7 minutes.
- Add in the onions to the pot of chicken, stir and cook until the onions are slightly translucent; about 4 minutes.
- Next turn the heat to a medium then add the jalapeños and garlic, stir for an additional 2 minutes.
- Season the chicken and vegetables with chili powder, cumin and oregano.
- After stirring in the seasonings add in the chicken stock and beans, raise the heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Then reduce heat and simmer for at least 30 minutes.
- Before serving be sure to taste to see if any additional salt and pepper is needed. Serve with sour cream, cilantro, and/or tortilla strips then enjoy!